The legendary American rock band Guns N’ Roses have confirmed their European tour including a headline show at Pinkpop 2020. Their tour will kick off on May 20 in Lisbon and end on June 27 in Dublin.
This summer, it was heavily speculated that Guns N’ Roses will be back on tour next year. Additionally, it has been reported that the band already works on new songs, but will only go to the studio after their performances in late 2019, according to Slash.
You can see the full list of dates below:
- 20 May – Passeio Martimo de Alges, Lisbon, Portugal
- 23 May – Estadio Benito Villamarin, Seville, Spain
- 26 May – Olympiastadion, Munich, Germany
- 29 May – Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, UK
- 2 June – Volksparkstadion, Hamburg, Germany
- 6 June – Sweden Rock Festival, Stockholm, Sweden
- 9 June – Ernst Happel Stadium, Vienna, Austria
- 12 June – Firenze Rocks, Firenze, Italy
- 14 June – Stade de Suisse, Berne, Switzerland
- 17 June – PGE Narodowy, Warsaw, Poland
- 19 June – Letnany Airport, Prague, Czech Republic
- 21 June – Pinkpop, Landgraaf, Netherlands
- 27 June – Marlay Park, Dublin, Ireland
See also the Pinkpop announcement below:
Pinkpop had previously confirmed that Red Hot Chili Peppers andPost Malonewill be headlining the festival’s 51st birthday. More recently, the Dutch festival also revealed that Volbeat, Twenty One Pilots, Gojira,Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals any many more will be also performing at the festival next summer.
Guns N’ Roses
Guns N’ Roses are an American hard rock band from Los Angeles. Their debut album Appetite for Destruction was released two years later and is considered to be the eleventh-bestselling album of all time in the United States. However, it was not until the following year that it became a massive commercial success, after the band had extensively toured and received vast airplay with the singles “Welcome to the Jungle”, “Paradise City” and “Sweet Child o’ Mine”. By the time of the release of their fourth studio album Use Your Illusion in 1991, the band had already become one of the most popular hard rock bands at the time.
Following many lineup changes and criticism from the media after departure of lead guitarist Slash and Duff McKagan in 1993, who rejoined the group in 2016, the band released their latest album Chinese Democracy in 2008. In 2015 Guns N’ Roses were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
Pinkpop was organized for the first time in 1970. It is one of the oldest annual music festivals in the world. The Dutch festival often boasts impressive lineups. In the past decade, headliners included Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam and The Rolling Stones. Pinkpop covers a variety of music genres from indie, rock, and metal to pop, hip hop, and dance.